Benefits of Vascular Society Membership
The Society represents and provides professional support for over 600 members, including vascular surgeons, vascular radiologists and others involved in independent vascular practices in Great Britain and Ireland. Membership of the Society is widely recognised in the vascular community as a mark of professional achievement.
The advantages of membership of the Vascular Society include:
- The VSGBI represents vascular specialists nationally and helps drive policy through its relations with Royal Colleges, other related professional Societies (e.g. BSIR) and the Department of Health. Members have access to the Executive and Council who prepare and enable these policies
- The VSGBI maintains a strong interest in vascular training, runs training courses and has lobbied for positions such as the post CCT Fellowships, and the Cook/VSGBI Endovascular Fellowships
- The VSGBI organises a number of specialist courses and meetings delivered locally, together with an annual meeting with scientific and political updates
- The VSGBI together with HQIP and the clinical effectiveness unit (CEU) at the RCS London maintains the National Vascular Registry, the principal outcomes database for vascular interventions in the UK and Ireland (and for the NHS AAA Screening Programme)
- The Society’s Professional Standards Committee offers support to individuals or hospitals with poor outcomes.
The Secretariat is responsive to the needs and welfare of Members, and is available to contact Monday to Friday 9am-5pm (02072057150) or email email@example.com.
Find out which membership category you belong to